Avi Levy is a graduate of the UCLA School of Law and has been practicing family law exclusively since 2002.
In 2011, he became certified as a family law specialist by the State Bar of California, Board of Legal Specialization. Mr. Levy is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), and a member of the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists (ACFLS), the Los Angeles County Bar Association (LACBA) - Family Law Section, the Beverly Hills Bar Association (BHBA) - Family Law Section, and the California Lawyers Association - Family Law Section. In those roles, he is also a voting member of the Family Law Executive Committee (FLEXCOM) for the California Lawyers Association and is currently the Treasurer, Past Chair and Advisor to the Committee.
Mr. Levy is a voting member of the Board of Legal Specialization of the State Bar of California. Mr. Levy is also a voting member and Legislative Director on the Board of Directors of ACFLS. He is currently the Co-Chair for the 2021 ACFLS Spring Seminar and was the Co-Vice Chair for the 2019 ACFLS Spring Seminar. In addition to chairing educational seminars, Mr. Levy has had the honor of serving as a presenter on educational panels for other family law professionals on the issue of attorney fees and costs and on the issue of date of separation.
Mr. Levy has testified before the California Assembly and California Senate Judiciary Committees on numerous occasions in connection with pending family law legislation, including in support of SB 1255 which has been signed into law by the governor and took effect on January 1, 2017. He has also served as a Daily Settlement Officer (DSO) and a Judge Pro Tem for the family law courts in the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Mr. Levy has been designated as a “Super Lawyer Rising Star” in 2006, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and “Super Lawyer” since 2018. He has been involved in numerous family law hearings, including Trials, OSCs/RFOs (with and without live testimony), contempt proceedings, domestic violence proceedings, civil harassment proceedings, etc. Mr. Levy has been involved in analyzing, identifying, characterizing, valuing and dividing marital property on hundreds of occasions. He has negotiated hundreds of family law stipulations, settlement agreements and judgments, and numerous premarital agreements, postnuptial agreements and other types of family law agreements.
Contact us today to learn more about Mr. Levy or any of our Los Angeles divorce attorneys.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
CERTIFIED LEGAL SPECIALTIES
- Certified Family Law Specialist, State Bar of California, 2011
- California, 2002
- U.S. District Court Central District of California, 2002
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2002
- University of California at Los Angeles School of Law , Los Angeles, California
- University of California , Los Angeles, California
HONORS AND AWARDS
- ACFLS Sterling Award, 2019
- Super Lawyers Rising Star 2006 - 2017
- Super Lawyer Since 2018
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Fellow, American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML), 2020
- State Bar of California, Member, 2002
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Member, 2002
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member
- Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, Member, 2011
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Member, 2011
- Harriett Buhai Center for Family Law - Pro Bono Attorney, 02/12/2003
- Family Law Courts in the Central District of the Los Angeles Superior Court, Volunteer Mediator