Jaimee Johanning graduated from the UCLA School of Law in May 2006 and joined the firm in September 2006. She became a licensed attorney on December 1, 2006 after successfully passing the California Bar exam and she has practiced family law exclusively since that time. Ms. Johanning is a member of the State Bar of California - Family Law Section; the State Bar of Nebraska - Family Law Section and Alternative Dispute Resolution Section; and the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals.
Ms. Johanning has experience in all aspects of family law cases, including the division of marital assets and debts, child custody and parenting time, prenuptial and postnuptial agreements, and modification actions. Ms. Johanning has prepared countless pleadings, conducted and reviewed discovery, negotiated settlements, and prepared numerous Judgments, Stipulations, and other family law agreements. She is also trained as a collaborative divorce attorney, mediator, and in Specialized Alternative Dispute Resolution for high conflict cases.
Ms. Johanning grew up in Omaha, Nebraska and now practices in both California and Nebraska. Prior to law school, Ms. Johanning earned a social work degree from the University of Kansas and she gained experience with family law issues while working as a social worker. During law school she was enrolled in the Program in Public Interest Law and Policy and she was on the board of the Women's Law Journal.
Outside of work, Ms. Johanning and her husband stay busy juggling life with their three daughters and two dogs.
YEAR JOINED FIRM
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- Spousal Support
CERTIFIED LEGAL SPECIALTIES
- Nebraska Academy of Collaborative Professionals Collaborative Practice Training, 2010
- Nebraska Mediation Association Basic Mediation Training and Family Mediation Training, 2010
- California, 2006
- Nebraska, 2008
- UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, California
- Juris Doctorate - May, 2006
- Honors: Program in Public Interest Law and Policy
- Honors: Women’s Law Journal, Board
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- Bachelor's of Social Work - May, 2002
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Southern California Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2009
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- California Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska Bar Association, Member
- Nebraska Women's Bar Association, Member
- American Bar Association, Member