Is your gut feeling telling you that something is wrong between you and your spouse? You may have shared everything with each other, but now there’s a huge disconnect. Finding the bond that was once there may feel impossible right now. So, how can you tell if this is simply a bump in the road or the beginning of the end?
Here are some signs of a failing marriage to help you get a clear idea of what is happening.
1. You act like opponents rather than teammates. A married couple should strive to overcome obstacles and challenges in their relationship by pinpointing the source and working together to find solutions. If you both stand firm in your side during arguments, it may be a sign that your marriage isn’t in the best place.
2. You don’t recognize yourself anymore. Perhaps you were once a vibrant, energetic, happy person who was always up for an adventure. But these days you find yourself feeling depressed, irritated, and never wanting to socialize. If you’ve noticed a drastic change in your personality, the culprit may be your toxic relationship.
3. Your goals don’t include your spouse. Have your dreams and aspirations changed? Maybe you want to move somewhere new or change careers but feel hesitant to pursue because of your partner.
4. There is no accountability. When every single argument turns into a blame game and both people are pointing fingers, the marriage is threatened. A couple who has a healthy relationship will seek to build each other up, work past flaws, and navigate through disagreements together.
5. You associate your spouse with more negative feelings than positive. People often hold on to positive memories because they serve as hope for the future and motivation to stay committed during tough times. When you only see the negative memories, it may show a lack of hope for the future.
If you recognize one or more of these signs within your marriage, it may be time to speak to a divorce attorney. We at TRABOLSI | LEVY | GABBARD LLP are here to answer your questions and discuss your case.
Reach out to our California divorce lawyers today at (310) 455-8364 to schedule a consultation.